The Participate initiative is a network of 18 participatory research organisations working with poor and marginalised groups in 29 countries. The initiative provides high quality evidence on the reality of poverty at ground level, bringing the perspectives of the poorest into the global debate on what should follow the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) when they expire in 2015.
Participate aims to:
- Bring perspectives of those in poverty into decision-making processes
- Embed participatory research in global policy-making
- Use research with the poorest as the basis for advocacy with decision-makers
- Ensure that marginalised people have a central role in holding decision-makers to account in the post-2015 process
- Generate knowledge, understanding and relationships for the global public good
Participate is co-convened by the Institute of Development Studies and Beyond 2015 but the initiative is only possible because of the energy, expertise and vision of numerous organisations in the Participatory Research Group (PRG) committed to participatory research; as well as each and every one of the research participants. Participate is funded by the UK Government. For more information please contact one of the core team members.